Our Grandview Ballroom opened in 2020, after being custom designed and built to serve guests throughout the High Country as it premier event venue. Grandview offers floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning views of the Appalachian Mountains and the App State football stadium, making it the perfect backdrop for a variety of occasions. We are located just minutes from downtown Boone and Blowing Rock and offer event planning services from start to finish with resources and catering being offered on-site.
At A Glance
- State-of-the-art 8800 square foot event space.
- Abundance of natural light and beautiful views of the mountains and campus.
- Flexible room set ups and arrangements.
- Rental of the event space includes set up of tables and chairs, china/silver dinnerware, glassware and basic A/V capabilities (additional options available when requested) Grandview Catering & Events is the in-house catering provider.
- Close proximity to hotels, historic downtown Boone and area attractions.
For the past several years, our department has held our Graduate Hooding Ceremony in the beautifully scenic space of the Grandview Ballroom. We are privileged to work with the professional and thoughtful staff of the Grandview Ballroom and are grateful for their expertise and willingness to accommodate our particular needs. Staff go out of their way to ensure the space is perfectly suited to our specific requests, even meeting with us the day prior to the event to do a walk-through! The students and their families rave about the picturesque setting and many comment that attending a ceremony in the facility and taking photographs surrounded by the stadium and mountains are highlights of their time at Appalachian State University. Thank you for all that you do to create such memorable experiences for all!
Dr. Beth Frye, Reich College of Education