How do I get to Grandview?
- Grandview Ballroom is located on the 4th floor of the North End Zone Building at Kidd Brewer Stadium on Appalachian State University's campus. The address is 135 Jack Branch Drive in Boone, North Carolina. The entrance to the building is right next to the entrance to the Team Store where there are several glass doors.
What guidelines does Grandview have in place regarding COVID-19 health and safety?
- The health and wellbeing of our guests and campus constituents are of the utmost importance. With the dramatic changes to public health guidance due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have updated and enhanced many of our protocols to help ensure the safety and security of everyone that attends our events. Guidelines and Recommendations Concerning On-Campus Events
- Please follow COVID-19 guidelines in place at the time of the event. App State University COVID-19 Updates
Where can we park?
- During business hours, Appalachian State University faculty, staff and students can park in Stadium Lot, Stadium Deck, Eggers/Bowie, Dunkin-Rankin, or Rivers Street Deck based on which parking passes they currently hold. Parking in the North End Zone Lot requires a Stadium DECK parking pass at all times and space is extremely limited.
- After 5pm, the Stadium Parking deck is available for all guests to park at no charge.
- Before 5pm, parking passes for the Stadium Parking Deck can be purchased in bulk for your group at $3 per vehicle. Ask your event coordinator for more information!
Can I bring in my own caterer?
- App Catering is the exclusive caterer for the Grandview Ballroom. View catering menus.
- If there is a type of cuisine or specific items you do not see on our menu, please reach out to our events team and we are happy to discuss additional options with the Chef.
- If requested in advance, you are welcome to bring your own cake or desserts. There is a fee of $2.50 per person.
Can I book an event in Grandview on the same day as a home football game?
- We are not able to host any events the day prior to, or the day of a home football game. View the game day schedule.
Can I bring in rental equipment and decorations?
- Yes, but please let us know about any rentals you are interested in as early as possible (including, but not limited to: specialty linens, floral arrangements, any furniture).
- Specific plans must be coordinated with the rental company and Grandview for drop off, set up and pick up.
- At the conclusion of the event, the patron must remove all equipment or decorations brought into the facility for the event. The patron will be assessed an additional cleaning fee if decorations are not removed or disposed of properly.
- Damage and clean-up fees are applicable if necessary.
- Candles and open flame decorations are not permitted per University policy.
- No signage, banners or decorations may be placed in public areas of the facility space.
- Under no circumstances should any signage or decorations be adhered to the walls, floors, ceilings, windows, screens, doors, and/or etc. of the facility space by way of nails, thumbtacks, tape or any material that could damage permanent structures or any of the Grandview property.
What taxes and fees are associated with an event at Grandview?
- There is always a rental fee to reserve the venue.
- State and local taxes will be applied to all rental fees, catering costs and add-on options (unless the client is tax exempt).
- An 18% service charge will be applied to all Appalachian State University client charges, and a 22% service charge will be added to all external client charges.
- Clients that are not booking business that is directly related to University business will work with an event coordinator from the Department of Conference and Event Services. Additional fees may apply.
When will my event be confirmed?
- If your event is directly related to Appalachian State University business, your event will be confirmed and the date saved upon completion of a Letter of Agreement and when a budget code is provided.
- If your event is considered external (the nature of the event is not University based), your event will be confirmed and the date saved upon completion of a contract and when a deposit is received.
- Prior to official confirmation, your event is considered tentative and the date is still available for other inquiries
Do you have any A/V options?
In-house audio visual equipment includes:
- Ceiling-mounted projector and screen. A laptop can be connected to the projector for a presentation.
- In-house sound system with Bluetooth compatibility.
- Podium with microphone.
Is the venue in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)?
- Yes! Grandview Ballroom makes every effort to accommodate the needs of all guests.
- The main entrance on the first floor of the North End Zone Building is ADA accessible and leads right to the lobby elevators to bring guests to the 4th floor where Grandview Ballroom is located.
- The entire Ballroom is wheelchair accessible including the restrooms. Grandview Ballroom does not maintain a supply of wheelchairs for personal use. It is recommended that guests with limited mobility work with a medical supply store or pharmacy for short term wheelchair options/rentals.
- Pets will not be allowed to join any event. Only Service Animals as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) are permitted. Comprehensive information regarding animals on campus can be found in the Animals on Campus Policy.
- 60" round tables
- 3'x6' square banquet tables
- Black chairs
- 30" round x 42" high top tables
- Black/White table cloths for all tables
- Black skirts for the banquet tables
- Black/White napkins
- China, drinkware, stemware, and utensils
- 8x8' and 8 x 12' staging options available for an additional charge
There are times when items other than the standard furnishings or additional furnishings may need to be rented. Any equipment rented is the sole responsibility of the sponsoring organization. All vendors must comply with set safety procedures. Delivery, setup, and pickup will be arranged through the Event Manager assigned.